Syncing with Google services help to backup most of the content. However, backing up some type of data such as messages, call logs etc are bit tricky. Smart Switch app from Samsung helps to backup and restore Galaxy S10 with ease.
Procedure to backup and restore content of Galaxy S10 using Smart Switch includes following steps.
- Download and install Samsung Samsung Smart Switch.
- Setup Smart Switch for the first time.
- Backup your phone data with Smart Switch.
- Restore the content from previous backup using Smart Switch.
Procedure to back up and restore Galaxy S10 using Smart Switch
Smart Switch can create backup of data such as messages, contacts, photos, application data and any other local files on your phone. This makes restoring the phone after a reset or upgrading to new Galaxy phone a breeze. In simple words, Smart Switch can copy almost everything on your phone.
How to download and install Samsung Smart Switch on computer
Here is the detailed step by step guide to download Smart Switch Samsung PC suite for Galaxy S10 and install it in computer.
- Go to the Smart Switch home page by clicking here.
- Click on the download link based on your computer OS. Windows or Mac.
- Launch the downloaded installation file.
- If you encounter and error which says “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect…,” download and install this Microsoft Visual C++ package.
- You need to accept the terms of the license agreement by selecting the two check boxes.
- Click on Next.
- Then click on Finish. Application will launch by default.
Now we have downloaded and installed Smart Switch PC suite on computer. Next step is to connect the phone and setup for the for the first time.
Setup Samsung Smart Switch for the first time
Now, we need to pair and sync Galaxy S10 with Smart Switch.
- Launch the Smart Switch Launch.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Application will detect the device.
- On your phone, select Transfer files option from other USB options.
How to backup Galaxy S10 using Smart Switch PC suite?
Once you launch the Smart Switch program and connect your phone to PC, back up process is easy.
- Launch the Smart Switch App.
- Connect your phone to computer.
- Click on the back up icon.
- Back will start.
- Once backup is complete, you will get a breakdown of all the data that was successfully backed up. Click OK to finish.
How to restore Galaxy S10 from a previous backup using Samsung Smart Switch
If you want restore your phone from previous back up, follow the steps given below.
- Launch Samsung Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via USB.
- Click Restore.
- Click Select a different backup if you want to restore from an earlier backup, otherwise click Restore now.
- You have the option to select the content which you want to restore. For example you can just restore messages.
- Once the restore process is complete, you’ll get a breakdown of the data that’s been restored. Click OK to finish the restore.
Samsung Switch is one of the best way to backup and restore the contents of Galaxy S10. Google Cloud backup does not back up all content. Whereas Smart Switch does backup of almost all content on your smartphone. Smart Switch is compatible with Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e and Galaxy S10 Plus.