Some issues such as app crashes, low performance or instability may be caused by accumulated cache. Clearing the cache will not delete any user saved data. It only clears cached data. In this post, we will cover how to clear cache in OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro runs on same version of Oxygen OS. Hence, method to wipe cache also identical. Clearing cache will increase available storage to certain extent.
You may like to read
How to Clear Cache in OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro for individual apps
If you are facing issues with some app, you can clear the cache data of that app. It may help to fix that issue. To clear app cache in OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings.
- Then navigate to Apps & notifications.
- Now select the app you want to clear the cache.
- Select storage.
- Tap on CLEAR CACHE.
Image Credit: techfocus.in
Social media apps such as facebook, instagram etc collect huge cache data. Clearing cache of such apps will improve storage space and performance.
How to Wipe Cache in OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro
If you want to wipe all cache data at once, then you can perform that using the recovery mode. This will wipe all the cache which are stored in your device. It will not delete any user saved data such as photos, files etc.
- Power off your device. You can do that by pressing power button and selecting “Power off”.
- Once device is completely shut down, press and hold Volume down and power key simultaneously until you see OnePlus and Android logo.
- Release the keys.
- Now select your preferred language.
- Tap on “Wipe Data and cache”.
- Then select “Wipe cache”.
- Give your consent to wipe cache by tapping on “Yes”.
- Now reboot your device.
- All the cache data will be cleared now.
This concludes our guide on how to clear cache in OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
This posts covers following questions.
How to clear cache in OnePlus 7?
How to clear cache in OnePlus 7 Pro?
Does clearing cache in OnePlus 7 deletes photos?
Wipe cache in OnePlus 7.