Is there a way to hide punch hole in Redmi Note 9 Pro? This is the question many of you might have. Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro has a tall 6.67 inch display with 20:9 aspect ratio and a small punch hole cut out to provision front facing camera. MIUI provides a nice way to hide it with digital black strip. So in this post, let us explore how to hide notch in Redmi Note 9 Pro.
Small punch hole is not a big distraction. However, aesthetically it is not accepted for everyone. So if you are one of those who want to hide this punch hole, continue reading the post.
How to hide notch/Punch hole in Redmi Note 9 Pro
To hide the punch hole in Redmi Note 9 Pro display,
- Go to Settings>Display.
- Now select Notch & Status bar.
- On this page, go to Hide notch.
- You have three option to choose from.
- Don’t hide: This is the default look. The punch hole is visible.
- Hide without moving status bar: This will hide the punch hole with a black strip. But the status bar content such as battery indicator, cellular signal status, time etc will remain there.
- Hide and move status bar: Unlike the above option, if you select this option, it will cover the punch hole with back strip and move the status bar below the black strip.
- My pick is the second one. As it does not reduce the overall screen real estate much and looks decent. However, you can choose either 2 or 3 to hide the notch.
This covers the topic on how to hide notch on Redmi Note 9 Pro. If you have any questions, please write in the comment section below.