Resetting Galaxy S10 will help to fix some issues. There are two type of reset can be performed on Galaxy S10. One is soft reset and another one is factory reset. In this post, we will cover different ways to reset Galaxy S10.
Soft reset is in simple words rebooting your Galaxy S10. If you are facing minor issues, first step is to soft reset. There are situations where soft reset and other troubleshooting methods does not resolve issue. In that case, as a final option you can try factory reset.
Factory Reset of Galaxy S10 will erase all the data and apps and brings it to original factory condition. Factory Reset also useful if you want to delete all your personal data before selling your phone or giving it to someone else.
How to soft reset Galaxy S10
- Press and Hold power and volume down button simultaneously till your phone restarts and Samsung Logo appears.
- Release the keys. Phone will restart.
Before performing factory reset, it is highly recommended to take a backup. You can read our post on how to take backup of Galaxy S10.
How to factory reset Galaxy S10 using the software interface
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on “General management” and then “Reset.”
- Choose “Factory reset data.” by tapping on it.
- Cautionary screen which informs you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- If you agree to it, Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset.”
- Enter the pin to start factory reset.
It will take few minutes to complete the factory reset.
How to factory reset Galaxy S10 using recovery mode
Factory reset using recovery mode on Galaxy S10 is useful if you are not able to access phone screen. For example, if you have forgotten the passcode or phone is not booting etc.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power, Bixby, and Volume Up buttons simultaneously till your phone restarts and Android logo appears.
- Release the keys.
- Use Volume keys to navigate on the screen.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset.” using Volume key and then press Power key.
- You will see “Reboot system now,”. Confirm it by pressing power key.
- It will take few minutes to complete the Galaxy S10 factory reset.