Samsung Galaxy A30 runs on latest OneUI on top of Android 9.0. The new OneUI provides many useful customisation and features. If you have bought or planning to buy Galaxy A30, here is some of the useful tips and tricks.
Most of the tips and tricks covered in this post are applicable to all the Galaxy A series of 2019. Here is my list of Samsung Galaxy A30 tips and Tricks.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Tips and Tricks
This Galaxy A30 tips and tricks post covers following topics.
- How to use Dark Theme or Night Mode.
- Hide App from Home screen and App Drawer.
- Use Split screen apps.
- Customise Always on Display.
- Check IMEI number.
- How to use Navigation Gesture.
You may like to read:
How to take screenshot in Galaxy A30
Dark Theme or Night Mode
Night mode or dark theme will change UI element to black. This will reduce eye strain and may improve the battery life. Galaxy A30 supports systemwide night mode. If you want to enable Night mode/Dark theme,
- Go to Settings>> Display.
- Enable “Night mode”.
- Alternatively, you can enable night mode by tapping night mode button in the quick toggle menu.
Hide App from Home screen and App Drawer
Samsung Galaxy A30 provides a option to hide apps from the home screen and app drawer. However, you can access these apps by searching in the finder search.
- Long press on the home screen.
- Select “Home Screen Settings”.
- Now tap on “Hide Apps”.
- Select the apps you want to hide.
- Tap on “Apply”.
- Apps will be hidden.
Here is the video demo on how to hide apps in Galaxy A30.
Split screen apps
OneUI has slightly different method for using the two apps in split screen mode.
- Go to Recent apps page.
- Tap icon of the app on the top of app card you want to open in split view.
- Select “Open in split screen view”.
- You can select the second app from recent apps page or from home screen or from app drawer.
Multi Window/Pop up View
- Once again Go to Recent apps page.
- Tap icon of the app on the top of app card you want to open in Pop up view.
- Select “Open in Pop up view”.
Customise Always on Display
Galaxy A30 has always on display(AOD) feature. It is a useful feature but it does consume energy. Samsung is providing an option to customise the when to trigger AOD feature.
- Navigate to “Settings >> Lock screen >> Always On Display>> Display Mode.”
- You have multiple option to choose.
- Select the option you want.
Check IMEI number
You can check IMEI number of Galaxy A30 in two different methods.
- Go to Settings >> About phone >> Status>> IMEI information.
- The IMEI number will be display on the screen.
- Open the dialer.
- Type *#06#.
- It will show the IMEI number on screen.
With OneUI, Samsung has added Gesture navigation. This allows the user to use gestures instead of regular navigation button. To enable navigation gestures instead of navigation buttons,
- Go to Settings >>Display >>Navigation bar.
- Select “Full screen Gestures.
Show or hide Notification Icons in Status bar
Samsung Galaxy A30 has the options to customise the number of notification icon in status bar.
- Go to quick toggle menu by pulling down notification shade.
- Tap on the triple dot menu and select “Status Bar”.
Here you have multiple options. They are,
Enable or disable notification icons. If you enable notification icons, you have option to limit it to 3 icons or all icons. You can also enable or disable battery percentage. If you want to show battery percentage in status bar, then enable it.