If you long press the power button on Galaxy A50s, you will be surprised to see Bixby instead of traditional “Power Off,” “Restart,” and “Emergency Mode” menu. Samsung has turned the power button on the Galaxy A50s into a Bixby key. This means, powering the phone off or rebooting is bit different. So how to turn off or restart your Galaxy A50s?
By default there are two new ways to bring up the power menu. You can also reassign the power menu to Bixby key. Let us explore different ways to turn off or reboot the Samsung Galaxy A50s.
You may like to read:
How to turn off or restart Galaxy A50s
Power off using the hardware keys
To bring the power menu on Galaxy A50s, follow the steps given below.
- Press and hold Volume down and power key(Side key) simultaneously for about a second.
- You will see power menu.
- Select Power off or Restart as per your requirement.
Note: If you quickly release Power and Volume Down key, it will trigger screenshot.
Power off or restart using the Quick Settings
There is alternative on-screen method. For that,
- Go to Quick settings by simply swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Now tap on power icon right next to the settings gear.
- It will reveal the power menu.
- Select what would you like to do.
Reassign Power Menu to Side Key
We have seen 2, out of the box method. If you are not happy with it, then Samsung has provided another option by customising the side key. This will make side key work like traditional power key. For that,
- Go to Side Key Setting. You can do that in two different ways.
- Go to Settings > Advanced Features.> Side Key.
- Or open power menu using any of the above methods.
- Now, under Press and hold option, select power off menu.
This will make side key work like a power key. You may lose the benefit of quickly launching Bixby using power key.